If the customer is returning or rejecting back some items and expecting the refund for the returned items then we can create sales return note. Sales return note will increase the stock if rejected items and reduce customer due amount.
To create or modify the sales return note, go to Invoicing menu and click on "Sales Return Note" menu command.
Create new record: Follow the steps to make Sales return note.
1. Note number and note date will be generated automatically by default. You can of course change the date to something else if required.
2. Select the name of the customer who has returned back the items against the invoice. You can specify the customer name from the drop down list.
3. Specify the city name.
4. Select the Invoice type from the drop down list.
5. Select the Invoice number from the drop down list. Automatically invoice date will be displayed.
6. Net amount will be displayed after selecting the invoice number from the list.
7. Click "select item" button to select the items from the list. For each item, you will need to click on "select item" button. For each item, please specify the quantity that is returned back from the customer.
Note: When you select the customer name and invoice number from the drop down list, automatically the item details will be displayed. If you want to add some other items which are not present in the invoice, then you can click on select item button and add the items.
8. Additional notes can be mentioned if required.
9. After specifying the returned quantity, automatically the returned amount will be calculated.
10. Verify all the details and click Save button.
Once your data entry is complete, click Save button.
Note: To know more about each data field on the Sales Return Note form, refer to the data fields section below in this topic.
Modify Note: To modify a sales return note record, go to the all records tab and select a sales return note record from the list that you wish to update. Click modify button. On the add/modify tab, you can now make the changes to the selected sales return note record and click Save button.
Delete Note: To delete the existing record go to all records tab and select a record from the list that you wish to delete. Click on delete button it will show a message "Are you sure to delete the selected record?" then you can click "Yes" if you want to delete otherwise click "No".Once you delete any record, it will be affected in the current stock.The count will be increased in the current stock.
Print Note: When you save a record it will show a message "Do you want to print the sales return note?" then you can click "Yes" if you want to print otherwise click "No".If you click "No" to print in the message then you can go to all records tab and select a record from the list that you wish to print.Click Print button.
Delete Row: If you want to delete the row, you can select the row and click on Delete Row button.