Proforma Invoice is a document that states the sales commitment agreed between the buyer and seller. It is not a real invoice but an intimation of sales to be done.
To create or modify the Sales Invoice, go to Invoicing menu and click on "Proforma Invoice" menu command.
Create new record: Follow the steps to make Proforma Invoice.
1. Invoice number and invoice date will be generated automatically. You can manually change the invoice date to something else if required.
2. Optionally specify the quote details or reference details as your preference.
3. Optionally you can even specify the order details as your reference.
4. Tax Description - Once you will need to select a tax structure(if applicable) from the drop down list as per the tax requirement for the proforma invoice. Once you select it, tax rate will be displayed automatically along with calculation but you will need to specify rate and quantity before the tax is calculated.
5. Select the customer name from the drop down list. It's address will be fetched automatically from the customer master, you can change it here if you need to.
6. Optionally specify the contact person name.
7. It is a date of delivering the goods.
8. Select the mode of transport from the transport drop down list.
9. Next step is to select one or more items. Click "Select item" button to select the items from the list. For each item, you need to click on "Select item" button. For each item, please specify the quantity to be billed. Rate will be fetched from item master by default but you can change it if you needed.
10. Optionally you can specify the payment terms and delivery terms. This will be printed in proforma invoice report for reference.
11. In calculation section, specify discount and shipping cost if applicable.Discount and shipping cost can be specified in percentage or value.
12. Optionally you can mention the additional details in the notes text box if required.
13. Verify all the details and click Save button.
Once your data entry is complete, click Save button.
Note:To know more about each data field on the Proforma Invoice form, refer to the data fields section below in this topic.
Modify the Proforma Invoice : To modify a Proforma invoice record, go to all records tab and select a proforma invoice record from the list that you wish to update. Click modify button. On the add/modify tab, you can now make the changes to the selected proforma invoice record and click save button.
Delete Proforma Invoice : You can select the proforma invoice to be deleted from all the records list tab and click Delete button.It will show a message "Are you sure to delete the selected record?" then you can click "Yes" if you want to delete otherwise click "No". You can also select multiple proforma invoice with the mouse by dragging it over the list or using Ctrl + left mouse. Once selected, click Delete button.
Print Proforma Invoice :When you save a record it will show a message "Do you want to print the Proforma Invoice?" then you can click "Yes" if you want to print otherwise click "No". If you click "No" to print in the message then you can go to all records tab and select a record from the list that you wish to print. Click Print button.
Email Proforma Invoice :To email the proforma invoice to customer, select the proforma invoice record from the list that you wish to email. Click Email button.
Add Blank Row: To add more items which is not present in master, you can click on Add blank row button to add the blank row and then you can type the item details.
Delete Row: If you want to delete the row, you can select the row and click on Delete Row button.