The transactions carried out in cash can be posted to Cash Journal. Anything that is received and paid in cash is called Cash Journal.
To create or modify the Cash Journal, go to Accounting menu and click on "Cash Journal" menu command.
Follow the steps below to create Cash Journal.
1. Journal number and journal date will be generated automatically. You can manually change the journal date to something else if required.
2. Select the journal type from the drop down list.
3. Automatically the cash balance will be displayed in Cash Journal.
4. Next step is to select one or more ledger accounts. Click "Select Ledger Account" button to select the ledger accounts from the list. For each ledger account, you need to click on "Select Ledger Account" button. For each ledger account, please specify the debit or credit amount. Automatically the account code will be fetched.
Note: When we receive the amount then you can mention in credit side and when you are making the payment then you can mention in debit side.
5. Optionally you can mention the additional details in the notes text box if required.
6. Verify all the details and click Save button.
Once your data entry is complete, click Save button.