The transactions carried out in bank can be posted to the Bank Journal. Anything that is received and paid in Bank is called as Bank Journal.
To create or modify the Bank Journal, go to Accounting menu and click on "Bank Journal" menu command.
Follow the steps below to create Bank Journal.
1. Journal number and journal date will be generated automatically.You can manually change the journal date to something else if required.
2. Select the journal type from the drop down list.
3. Automatically the bank account and bank balance will be displayed in the bank journal.
4. Reference number is optional but you can mention cheque number or transaction id for your preference. Reference date will be displayed as today's by default. You can change it to something else if required.
5. Next step is to select one or more ledger accounts. Click "Select Ledger Account" button to select the ledger accounts from the list. For each ledger account, you need to click on "Select Ledger Account" button. For each ledger account, please specify the debit or credit amount. Automatically the account code will be fetched.
Note: When we receive the amount then you can mention in credit side and when you are making the payment then you can mention in debit side.
6. Optionally you can mention the additional details in the notes text box if required.
7. Verify all the details and click Save button.
Once your data entry is complete, click Save button.